Bloomsbury Popular Music is available for use through May 31, 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Description from the publisher:
Bloomsbury Popular Music offers access to a broad and expanding range of content:
- Multiple volumes from the landmark reference work, Bloomsbury Encyclopedia of Popular Music of the World, with new volumes from top international contributors added regularly.
- More than 140 volumes of the widely acclaimed 33 1/3 and 33 1/3 Global book series, providing in-depth analysis of influential albums across diverse musical eras, by artists ranging from Caetano Veloso to Public Enemy
- An expanding range of scholarly books from Bloomsbury’s popular music studies list, comprising edited volumes, biographies, and historical overviews
- An illustrated Timeline of Popular Music back to 1900, including dates of 33 1/3 series albums, plus an overview of contextual events in musical and political history, with links to relevant articles
- An interactive World Map enables users to navigate to books and articles covering a particular country or region that is most relevant to their work
- Artist pages including curated related content, and biographical information on hundreds of artists and musicians. The artist page biographies are written by André Diehl, and will be added to the complete set of artist pages over the forthcoming content updates.